Who Gets Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma can be caused by relatively brief exposure to asbestos decades ago. Working for one summer installing drywall or asbestos-containing insulation is enough to cause mesothelioma. To develop asbestosis, exposure over a greater period of time, usually seen in years, is necessary to cause the disease.
Most people with mesothelioma had some occupational exposure to asbestos. Others developed it after secondary asbestos exposure —for example, washing clothing worn by an asbestos worker.
If you have mesothelioma, contact the attorneys of Savinis, Kane, & Gallucci. We will identify the source or sources of your asbestos exposure and pursue full monetary compensation for all of the damages you have suffered. The initial consultation is free of charge and you will pay no attorney fees unless we win money damages for you.
Our attorneys have represented clients exposed to asbestos at a wide range of job sites, including:
- Steel Mills
- Power Stations
- Trades, Occupations, and Professions with Asbestos Exposure
Pennsylvania injury lawyers from SDK have worked with clients who were exposed to asbestos at the following job sites:
- Allegheny Ludlum, Brackenridge and Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania
- Armco Steel, Butler, Pennsylvania
- Crucible Steel
- J&L Steel Pittsburgh Works, (Southside, Hazelwood/2nd Ave)
- Jessup Steel, Washington, Pennsylvania
- Sharon Steel, Sharon Pennsylvania
- USX Clairton, Clairton, Pennsylvania
- USX Carrie Furnace, Rankin, Pennsylvania
- USX Duquesne
- USX Edgar Thomson, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- USX Homestead, Homestead, Pennsylvania
- USX Irvin Works
- USX McKees Rocks
- USX National Tube
- USX Neville Island
- USS American Bridge
- Washington Steel, Washington, Pennsylvania and Houston, Pennsylvania
- Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel, Monessen, Pennsylvania
- Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel, Allenport, Pennsylvania
Our attorneys have represented steelworkers who performed their jobs in Open Hearth Departments, Rolling Mills, Blast Furnaces, Basic Oxygen Furnaces (BOF), Electric Furnaces, and Pump Houses.
Western Pennsylvania was home to atomic power stations in the first half of the 20th century. The second half of the century saw the construction of nuclear power stations. Lawyers from Savinis, Kane, & Gallucci, have represented mesothelioma, cancer, and/or asbestosis victims who worked at the following power stations:
- Armstrong Power Station/Reedsdale Power Station, Reedsdale, Pennsylvania
- Beaver Valley Power Station, Shippingport, Pennsylvania
- Bruce Mansfield, Shippingport, Pennsylvania
- Brunot Island Power Station
- Cheswick Power Station/Springdale Power Station, Springdale, Pennsylvania
- Conemaugh Power Station, Huff, Pennsylvania
- El Rama Power Station
- Hatfield Power Station, Masontown, Pennsylvania
- Homer City Power Station, Homer City, Pennsylvania
- Keystone Power Station
- Mitchell Power Station, Courtney, Pennsylvania
- Seward Power Station, Seward, Pennsylvania
- Shawville Power Station
- Shippingport Power Station, Shippingport, Pennsylvania
- Springdale Power Station
- Three Mile Island
Because we are already intimately familiar with these power stations, our attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to litigate your case successfully.
In addition to steel mills and power stations, we have represented people exposed to asbestos at the following sites:
- Pennsylvania Railroad, Pittsburgh, Altoona, & Pitcairn, Pennsylvania
- Burlington Northern Railroad
- Baltimore & Ohio (B&O) Railroad
- Federal Building, Pittsburgh
- Gateway Center, Pittsburgh
- Greater Pittsburgh Int’l Airport, Moon Township, Pennsylvania
- US Steel Tower, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh/Oakland, Pennsylvania
- VA Hospital, Oakland, Pennsylvania
- West Vaco Paper Mill
- Westinghouse Bettis
- Westinghouse Research
- Westinghouse Trafford
In addition to the various facilities listed above, lawyers for Savinis, Kane, & Gallucci, have represented auto mechanics who held jobs at dealerships, auto body shops, gas stations and other repair shops in Allegheny County, Washington County, Westmoreland County, Dauphin County, Philadelphia County and other counties in Pennsylvania.
If you were exposed to asbestos at one the previous work sites, or at any other work site, please contact an attorney at Savinis, Kane, & Gallucci, for a free consultation regarding your rights.
Trades, Occupations And Professions With Asbestos Exposure
Our injury attorneys have won monetary compensation for individuals in the following professions who were exposed to asbestos and later developed an asbestos-related disease:
- Asbestos Workers
- Auto Mechanics
- Boiler Tenders
- Diesel Operators
- Hood Operators
- Iron Workers
- Motor Inspector
- Tressel Men
- Local 449 Steamfitters
- Local 2 Asbestos Workers
- Local 13 Iron Workers
From our offices in Pittsburgh, our attorneys represent people with asbestos-related diseases from throughout western Pennsylvania and across the nation. To learn more about mesothelioma, please visit the following pages:
- Mesothelioma Diagnosis
- Who Gets Mesothelioma?
- Mesothelioma Symptoms
- Mesothelioma Prognosis and Treatments
To speak to an attorney, contact Savinis, Kane, & Gallucci, today.