Directions For Filing A Mesothelioma Claim
Someone who is not an attorney will typically have a difficult time filing a claim for compensation after receiving a diagnosis of mesothelioma. Without sufficient knowledge and experience, an average person will become bogged down in evidence gathering, court rules and processes. But let’s imagine you are going to undertake this serious endeavor on your own. What steps will you take?
Keep in mind that a promising approach is to work closely on your mesothelioma case with a skilled plaintiff’s lawyer. At Savinis, Kane, & Gallucci, you have the opportunity to receive counsel and representation with experienced attorneys who get results.
The Steps To Success In A Nutshell
What follows is a greatly simplified summary of the process of filing a claim for compensation when your alleged exposure to asbestos has resulted in an asbestos-related disease such as mesothelioma.
Step one: Confirm that your medical diagnosis indicates asbestos exposure in your past. Mesothelioma, for example, is caused solely by exposure to asbestos, according to medical experts.
Step two: Determine when and where you were likely exposed to asbestos. Most people with mesothelioma were exposed to asbestos on the job somewhere, or perhaps by laundering clothes of someone who was working around asbestos regularly.
Step three: Do the legal work that has been proven to yield good results. Ideally, work with a plaintiff’s attorney with experience representing clients in negotiations, in mediation and at trial.
How Our Attorneys Will Keep Your Case Filing On Track
When our attorneys represent you in mesothelioma litigation, they will:
- Confirm your diagnosis of mesothelioma through reports from a qualified medical professional.
- Gather your medical and exposure records, including all relevant medical documents and personal history detailing asbestos exposure.
- Help you understand the value of working with a mesothelioma attorney experienced in handling asbestos-related claims.
- Conduct detailed case evaluations to determine the viability of your claim.
- Assemble documentation, including medical records, work history and other evidence.
- Determine an appropriate legal strategy, such as a personal injury or wrongful death claim.
- Prepare to file a lawsuit or trust claim to tap into asbestos trust funds.
- Pursue an effective legal process, which may include negotiations, discovery and potentially a trial.
- Explain the reasoning behind a settlement with the responsible parties or the amount of a verdict if the case goes to trial.
- Pursue on your behalf the compensation that you need for medical expenses, lost wages and other damages.
- Explain legal fees clearly, most likely involving contingency basis representation.
Individual cases differ greatly. At Savinis, Kane, & Gallucci, you will have access to clear information and results-oriented representation.
Understand And Carry Out The Mesothelioma Claim Process
Initial consultations at our Pennsylvania law firm are free, and our clients do not pay attorney fees until we recover compensation for them.