Medical Evidence And Your Asbestos Exposure Case
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another disease traceable to asbestos exposure, you and your attorney will need to work together to establish:
- Your likely exposure history based on workplace locations and activities
- Medical evidence pointing to your exposure to asbestos
- Doctors’ opinions confirming that asbestos exposure was the likely source of your disease
As you pursue compensation for financial losses brought about by your illness, the stakes are high. A successful claim can bring you and your family the financial relief that you will need to get through this difficult situation. An experienced asbestos exposure claims attorney can be your most essential ally in the fight.
To learn about the role that Savinis, Kane, & Gallucci may play in your recovery of compensation for your mesothelioma or another medical condition caused by asbestos exposure, turn to our law firm in Pittsburgh. We will explain how we have helped other clients and how we can help you.
Some Details About Medical Evidence And Your Asbestos Exposure Case
Depending on who your employer was when you were exposed to asbestos, you may be tapping into asbestos trust funds. You may need to meet fund-specific criteria regarding:
- Documentation of the diagnosis of mesothelioma or other diseases traceable to asbestos exposure
- Diagnosis of certain cancers along with causal statements from medical doctors linking the other cancers to asbestos exposures
- Detailed reports on physical exams by doctors making the diagnoses
- Clinical evidence such as documentation of chest X-rays, CT scans and other types of pathology reports
As part of medical documentation establishing asbestos exposure as a contributing factor in causing your pulmonary disease – whether mesothelioma or another type – you may need to tie this information to your work conditions. For example, did you do any of these things at work?
- Handled raw asbestos fibers regularly
- Manufactured asbestos-containing products
- Altered, repaired or otherwise worked in close proximity to asbestos-containing products
- Worked in close proximity to workers engaged in the activities described above
Your examining physician may require detailed information about your work life before concluding that asbestos exposure likely caused your illness.
We Will Help You Gather The Medical Records You Need
A large component of your mesothelioma case may simply be communication. When you work with a lawyer at Savinis, Kane, & Gallucci, that legal professional and other team members will take a load off your shoulders while you focus on managing your health. We may request medical records, supply your doctor(s) with occupational history information and otherwise connect the dots.